At long last, some stitching ……nothing flash or particularly clever, just another page for the textile book. This one is to illustrate some of the possibilities of dyeing fabric with rusty metal objects, and then using them as the basis for stitchery. The design came from a piece of curly wrought iron which I found in the garden when I moved here, and it now adorns the old dunny door which serves as a gate to my fenced and netted vegetable garden. The underlying fabric was obtained by wrapping an old steel star picket in cotton and leaving it in the rain for a week.
This will be mounted on another background of embellished green felt which will be the actual page, and then this and the other pages will be bound together to make the actual book. There are still a couple of pages to be completed, and the whole needs to be completed by April for the Guild Exhibition. Better get a move on!