September 9th 2009 – this configuration of numbers will not occur again for another one hundred years which makes it kind of special. I wonder what the world might be like then……..
Some trivial historical trivia – on this day…….
- William the Conqueror died in 1087
- Christopher Columbus sailed west to America – 1492
- Mary Queen of Scots was crowned in 1543 at nine months of age.
- William Bligh of Bounty fame was born in England – 1754
- Orville Wright made the first one hour flight in Florida – 1908
- Elvis Presley appeared for the first time on the Ed Sullivan Show – 1956
- Mao Tse Tung died – 1976
- John Lennon met Yoko Ono at an art gallery – 1966
Now back to the boring task of tidying my sewing room……….